Friday, April 20, 2012

FFWD Coconut Friands


In an otherwise bad week, baking these was a bright spot.  I used them as an excuse to finally purchase the mini-muffin tin I've been wanting (I have no clue why it took me so long to give in to this $16 purchase), and they came out absolutely beautifully.  The last time I tried to make friands (chocolate ones) I just put the mini-muffin liners on a sheet pan (the package insisted this would work!) and they tasted good but were way too flat and did not hold their shape at all.


These held together beautifully, had a lovely crumb, and still taste great a few days after making them.  They also were quick and easy, and used ingredients that I always have on hand.  I definitely understand that these aren't for everybody - my husband and I are, luckily, both coconut lovers - but these are definitely something I'll be making again and again.

8 comments:

  1. I loved these too! I wish I had mini liners on hand as the pan needs a scrubbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad these were a highlight for you. I'm glad the week is almost done myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this week goes better for you - after having a rough month, I was very glad for a reprieve the last couple of days.
    YOur friands look lovely & yeah for a new pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These weren't one for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed them at your house. And that you had a reason to get a mini-muffin pan. I love being able to make tiny cakes (easier to indulge in smaller bites). You'll definitely get a lot of use from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friands look so pretty and moist. We also thought these were so delicious and couldn't stop eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In this case, I was glad the hubby doesn't like coconut...more for me :) Glad you enjoyed, too~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The friands do look pretty. We enjoyed these too, and they were still good
    after a day or so. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new kitchen addition! I also had to purchase a mini-muffin pan to make these (sous chef wasn't really happy to my multiplying the kitchen family - hey those things happen, kitchen items are like rabbits) This was definitely a bright spot in the week, and lamb stew not so bright...Hope you are having a better week!

    ReplyDelete