Sunday, May 24, 2015
FFWD Chicken in a Pot
I was a little bit embarrassed to post my picture after I saw some of yours. I don't know what happened with my flour and water "sausage." I think I added way too much water. I was feeling too lazy to measure, and stupidly decided to "eyeball" the water. I clearly went overboard. I added extra flour, but after seeing how neat and pretty yours are I'm pretty sure I wasn't near the right consistency. Oh well, the good news is it worked. When this came out of the oven I asked Paul to get a screwdriver to pry open the lid. He came back with a crowbar. That man certainly loves tools!
I also stupidly cut up the chicken and added it back to the pot before taking the photo. It was so much prettier when it was whole!
We both agreed that this was a perfectly nice Sunday night dinner, but not amazing. Given the herbs, lemon, and garlic, I was expecting it to have more flavor. I also under-salted the chicken. I'll take responsibility, but I really wish that recipes would give amounts for salt (or even ranges) when they involve raw meat. It's not like I was going to taste the chicken to see if I had added enough salt. I'm glad I make this, but I think Dorie's Lazy Chicken will still be my go-to roast chicken recipe in the future.
I can't believe that this is our last recipe as a group. With the exception of a few that I skipped because I just don't eat the main ingredient, I've made all of the recipes except for the Waffles and Cream. I'm hoping to make those soon, and also to write a catch-up post with all of the recipes that I've made and failed to write about in the last few months. It's hard to believe that this journey is coming to an end, but I'm thrilled that we have a few more fun weeks ahead of us!