Tuesday, January 7, 2014

FFWD Dressy Pasta "Risotto"


Thank you so much to everyone for all of the kind words about balance.  I felt busy before I had Charlotte and knew logically that babies are pretty time consuming (understatement of the century!), but I don't think I realized how overwhelmed I'd be.  I'm certainly not complaining--I also don't think I even comprehended how happy I would be--but I definitely appreciate all of the the encouragement.  It's nice to hear from people who have been there that it will all work out somehow.

With Paul's help, this dinner came together pretty well in the midst of giving Charlotte a bath and putting her to bed.  I made this chicken recipe, with some roasted broccolini and the pasta.  The chicken was really excellent.  The chicken needed some time to marinate which was perfect because I could prepare it in the afternoon while Charlotte napped.  Then, in the evening all I had to do was broil the chicken and make the citrus salad.  (I've never cooked bone-in chicken breasts with the broiler before.  I was very skeptical, but it worked very well.  The chicken was incredibly moist and the skin was nice and crispy.)  I threw the broccolini in for the last 10 minutes while the chicken cooked, and the "risotto" basically cooked itself while we gave Charlotte a bath.  If I had to pick a desert-island recipe I'd still pick Martha Stewart's macaroni and cheese, but I really appreciated how easy this was and thought it went well with the chicken.  It's definitely one I'd make again if I needed a quick and sophisticated side dish.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever broiled a bone in chicken breast either, but I am definitely curious.
    Food that fits within your schedule is the best!

    ReplyDelete