Tuesday, March 26, 2013

FFWD More November 2012 (Goat Cheese Mini Puffs and Herbed Olives)


The Goat Cheese Mini Puffs were good, but very rich.  Even I could only eat a couple of them in a sitting, and I normally have no trouble eating very rich foods.  These would definitely be a fun party appetizer for a large group.  I used a chipotle goat cheese from the farmer's market, which was excellent.  I served them with roasted brussel sprouts, and one of my favorite bean recipes (I'm always trying to eat more beans).


I love olives.  I frequently spend way too much money filling up a container of them from the bar at Whole Foods (it's really amazing how much a small container costs), and then I'll eat them during the week when I'm starving while cooking dinner.  These Herbed Olives were excellent.  I started with plain olives from the same olive bar at Whole Foods -- so they really didn't save me any money -- but it was fun to flavor them myself and I love the look of them in the glass jar.  This is definitely an idea I'll be using again.

No comments:

Post a Comment