Wednesday, March 13, 2013

TWD Pizza with Onion Confit


Paul is definitely the pizza maker in our house.  He's a bit obsessed, to say the least.  When he makes pizza it involves a sourdough starter, and the dough must be started several days ahead of time.  He's also very particular about the sauce, and has all kind of tricks (which I don't like to think about) for getting the oven hotter than it's supposed to be.  He's also been talking about building a wood-burning clay pizza oven in the back yard.  All this to say that I almost never make pizza.  When I was single I used to, but now I feel like I just can't compete.  Which is sad because even though mine isn't nearly as good as his, mine is much quicker and I could definitely get used to eating pizza more often!  So, it was nice to have an excuse to make pizza.  I warned Paul that I already knew it wasn't going to be as good as his and he didn't need to waste his time comparing, and got to work.  I followed the recipe closely, but substituted half whole wheat flour for the AP.  This crust definitely wasn't as good as Paul's, but it was much quicker, a bit healthier, and a good vehicle for the caramelized onions, goat cheese, and olives.  This is definitely a recipe that I'd make again.


1 comment:

  1. Anything with caramelized onions is a winner in my book.

    After cracking a couple of pizza stones trying to get my oven as hot as I like it to make pizza, I finally gave in and bought a high temperature stone. Works like a charm when the oven is 500F+ :-)

    ReplyDelete