Friday, May 31, 2013

FFWD Anne Le Blanc´s Pistachio Avocado



This might be my last post for a while (I'm due on Sunday, although I have a feeling I might go late), and I wish it was a better one.  I didn't want to spend the time or the money to track down the pistachio oil, and it never occurred to me that I could make it myself--after reading the P&Q I wish I had--so I decided to just use the hazelnut oil that I actually owned.  It tasted absolutely fine, but was definitely nothing to write home about.  A Memorial Day barbecue probably also wasn't the right time to test out this subtle dish.  Paul and our friends ended up just slicing the avocado and putting it on their burgers.  I don't think they even noticed the lemon or oil!  The rest of our barbecue, however, was great.  We had mixed nuts, turkey burgers, grilled vegetables with cilantro pesto, these potatoes, zucchini salad, and an excellent Burmese eggplant dish that our friend made.  For dessert we had brownies, 3 kinds of cookies, watermelon and fruit salad.  It will probably be our last barbecue for a bit, so I'm glad it was a good one!

14 comments:

  1. Jora, I wish this were a more memorable recipe for you too. Best of luck with the new baby! Please post a picture once you feel up to it. Remember to sleep when the baby sleeps. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! My son was 9 days late (UGH!), so I know how antsy and frustrated and uncomfortable it can start to feel with each day that passes after your due date. If it's any consolation, my labor was 6 hours from start to finish. I'll take an extra 9 days of pregnancy if it leads to a "short" labor. Hope it works the same for you, if you do run late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a bit too much for using it as a burger side! Good luck with your new baby, whenever it comes Jora!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear your baby news! I had to giggle at your friends putting your avocados on their burgers...sounds yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jora, the last few days of pregancy are the worst. With my son I dropped so low I felt like I was walking around with a bowling ball between my legs. My daughter was kind and delivered 3 weeks early. Yes, please please post a picture when your are up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a pretty good topping for a burger :-)
    Hang in there! We can't wait to "meet" the little one

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry the avocado didn't shine. I'm so impressed that you've kept blogging and cooking right up to your due date. Here's to an easy time of it for all of you. All of the Doristas are looking forward to seeing some photos when you're back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the avocado didn't work out as planned, but using it on a hamburger was a great
    way to enjoy it. That sounds like a great barbecue, all that scrumptious food.
    Good luck, hope your baby arrives on time, and keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, with that news who cares about an avocado! You should have titled your posts Anne LeBlanc's Hamburgers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you the very best of luck Sunday and may you have plenty of rest and beauty sleep before the baby arrives! Hope (s)he arrives on schedule but if (s)he doesn't don't stress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck Jora! I wish that everything will go smoothly and on time!! Can't wait to here about the baby news!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jora, big fat hugs and kisses and all the very best for you and the new baby! We will keep you in our thoughts and are anxiously awaiting pictures - by the way, avacados and burgers sound great and hazelnutoil is one oil that I have not tried yet but is does sound delicious!
    So, all the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so exciting !! As I leave this comment Monday morning I can't help but wonder if you little addition has arrived :) We look forward to meeting the newest Dorista(o) ! And that photo of all the yummies look wonderful. I had to chuckle that your friend sliced the avocado and added it to their burgers- they were probably thinking you "found" the yummiest avocados they had in a while ! All the best ~

    ReplyDelete