Monday, March 18, 2013

TWD Gingerbread Baby Cakes


This is right up there with some of the worst pictures I've ever taken, and that's saying a lot.  I don't remember the night at all, but I'm guessing I was in a rush.  I love ginger, and was very excited about making these cakes.  I don't have baby cakes pans, so I followed the instructions for making one large cake.  I tried hard not to over-bake it at all, and probably ended up under-baking it by a minute or two.  I find it really hard to tell with cakes that are this dense and sticky.  I rarely say this, but this was a cake that really needed the whipped cream!  It was so rich, dense, and intense that it was hard to eat without it.  With the (lightly sweetened) whipped cream, we definitely enjoyed it in small slices.  Although we liked it, I don't think I'll be making it again.  My favorite ginger cake--and it is excellent--is  David Lebovitz's, served with lemon cream.

1 comment:

  1. Jora, you made the Gingerbread Baby Cakes, they would really be a nice dessert today, it is so cold and rainy outside but I agree with you, next time I plan on make a gingery cake, I will use a different recipe, it was a tad overpowering with all that molasses and spices.

    ReplyDelete